Nottingham Writers’ Studio is a members organisation for writers in and around Nottingham. We have our own premises which include writing space, meeting areas, an event space, and offices that are rented out. We run courses and workshops, ongoing community projects, and events for members and for the general public. At present most of the work is carried out by members themselves on a voluntary basis, and the Development Director. The need has been identified for a part-time (one day per week) administration assistant to support the Development Director in running the Studio’s activities.
To apply, send a CV, including contact information for two referees, and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or by post to Nottingham Writers’ Studio, 25 Hockley, Nottingham NG1 1FH by 5pm on Friday 10 April 2015. Shortlisted candidates will be informed on Wednesday 15 April, and interviews will take place on Monday 20 April.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss the role, please email email@example.com or call 0115 837 2248.
This will be a part-time fixed-term role, to run from May 5 2015 (or as soon thereafter as practical) to January 31 2016. Depending on NWS’s financial position, we hope it will continue beyond that date. Hours will be 8 per week, working times are flexible, to be agreed with the Development Director. The Administration Assistant will be appointed on a freelance basis, and will be paid for work completed at the rate of £10 per hour. The successful applicant will report to the Development Director. Work will be carried out at the Studio. The role will include:
- Basic bookkeeping
- Membership administration
- Courses/workshop administration
- Other administrative tasks as required e.g. meeting minutes, newsletters
The experience and personal qualities required for the Administration Assistant include:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- The ability to work on own initiative for stretches of time, carrying out tasks to deadlines and quality requirements
- Some experience of defining and refining administrative processes is desirable
- Some experience of basic bookkeeping is desirable (training in Sage will be provided)
- A strong interest in the writing industry is desirable