Nottingham’s Beating Heart: Where people’s stories collide!
On Monday 19th May, NWS together with Nottingham Post launched an exciting new writing competition for Nottingham. The first competition has Nottingham’s Market Square as its theme. We are looking for creative writing which must in some way relate to this theme, from people aged 16-18, and those over 18.
The writing can be up to 500 words in length and can be in form of poem, fiction, travel writing, or other creative non-fiction.
A winner from each category will receive a tablet computer and six months’ free membership of Nottingham Writers’ Studio.
Examples of writing can be found on the Nottingham Post’s website.
If you have any queries please contact Debbie Moss, NWS Marketing Assistant at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to anyone over 16 living in and around Nottingham. There are two categories: 16-17 and 18+ (age at 15 August 2014).
- Entries must not exceed 500 words, and may be in the form of poems, fiction, travel writing, or other creative non-fiction. They must relate in some way to the Market Square.
- Entries should not have been previously published in print or online.
- Only one entry allowed per person.
- Entries must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (in text or Microsoft Word format) or posted to Nottingham Writers’ Studio, 25 Hockley, Nottingham, NG1 1FH by the closing date, Friday 15th August 2014. Entrants must state name, age, address, and contact email.
- Nottingham Post/NWS reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if they have reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person.
- Any person that is an employee of Nottingham Post or NWS, or an NWS Board member, or a family member of such is exempt from entry. Existing NWS members are also exempt from entry.
- Prize winners will be notified by email within a month of the closing date.
- Should prize winners decline the offer of membership of NWS, this may be passed at the discretion of NWS to a runner up.
- Entrants will retain ownership of copyright but by entering the competition entrants give rights for Nottingham Post to publish any entries at any time, and also for NWS to publish any entries on its website.
- Prize winners will be expected to co-operate with Nottingham Post and NWS to participate in any reasonable post-competition publicity.